As a Kount Command customer, you can enable 3DSecure (3DS) to further assist in your fraud prevention. 3DS provides an extra layer of security for online transactions by requiring the end-user to complete an additional step in verifying their identity.
Before integrating3DS with Kount Command, you must already have a 3DS provider that executes the 3DS workflow. If your 3DS provider has been implemented, contact your Customer Success Manager to enable the feature in Kount.
Once enabled, follow these steps to complete the 3DS integration.
Upgrade to RIS Version 0710
To upgrade to the RIS version capable of sending 3DSn data, you must use the following two fields in Modes Q and P of Kount Command:
TRA Flag (added to RIS 0710)
- If you have identified that a transaction is eligible for exemption, and you want to use Kount to check the level of associated risk, set the TRA Flag to Yes in your RIS call to Kount.
- The TRA Flag can be used when writing rules in the Fraud Control section of the Agent Web Console (AWC).
3D Secure Merchant Response (added to RIS Response)
- In Fraud Control Rule Action, select how you want to route the transaction.
- Choose Frictionless or Step Up if you intend to run the transaction through 3DS. The transaction workflow is pended until an API update is received or a user manually moves it out of the Pending Queue in the AWC.
- Choose TRA Exempt to not send this through 3DS.
- You can use this RIS Response when you send the transaction to your 3DS provider or payment processor.
Implement the 3D Secure API Endpoint
- Use Kount’s 3D Secure API to update your fraud platform with the outcome of the 3DS transaction. You must use the Kount transaction ID with your API call.
- Each time the API is used, 3DS Workflow Rules are run to automate the transaction workflow (add to suspect orders, approve, or decline).
- If you are integrated into Kount’s Event Notification Service (ENS), any Workflow changes resulting from a 3DS Workflow Rules decision sends a Workflow Update - so you can update your internal order processing systems.
- Use the 3D Secure Pending Queue to manually update the status of a transaction awaiting a 3DS result.
Refer to API documentation for further details.
Configure 3DS in the AWC
- Use Fraud control rules to determine pre-authentication decisions and workflow.
- Use 3DS Rules to update the transaction workflow.