As a Kount Command customer, you can enable 3DSecure (3DS) to further assist in your fraud prevention. 3DS provides an extra layer of security for online transactions by requiring the end-user to complete an additional step to authenticate their identity. As part of 3DS, a transaction can be qualified as low risk by the acquirer upon which they request an exemption from the issuer. This exemption is called a Transaction Risk Analysis exemption or a TRA exemption.
Before integrating 3DS with Command, you must already have a 3DS provider that executes the 3DS workflow. If your 3DS provider has been implemented, contact your Customer Success Manager to enable the feature.
Upgrade to RIS Version 0710 or later
To upgrade to the RIS version that is capable of sending 3DS data, you must use the following two fields in Modes Q and P.
If you have identified that a transaction is eligible for exemption and you want to use Kount to check the level of associated risk, set the TRA Flag to Yes in your RIS call to Kount.
3D Secure Merchant Response
In Fraud Control Rule Action, select how you want to route the transaction.
Choose Frictionless or Step Up if you intend to run the transaction through 3DS. The transaction workflow pends until an API update is received or a user manually moves it out of the Pending Queue in the AWC.
Implement the 3D Secure API Endpoint
- Use the Kount 3D Secure API to update your fraud platform with the outcome of the 3DS transaction. You must use the Kount transaction ID with your API call. Refer to our 3DS API documentation.
- Each time the API is used, 3DS Workflow Rules are run to automate the transaction workflow (add to suspect orders, approve, or decline).
- Use the 3D Secure Pending Queue to manually update the status of a transaction awaiting a 3DS result.
Note: Each time the API is used, 3DS Workflow Rules are run to automate the transaction workflow (add to suspect orders, approve, or decline). If you are integrated into the Kount Event Notification Service (ENS), any Workflow changes resulting from a 3DS Workflow Rules decision sends a Workflow Update — so you can update your internal order processing systems.
Configure 3DS in the AWC
- Use Fraud control rules to determine pre-authentication decisions and workflow.
- Use 3DS Rules to update the transaction workflow.