Prevent fraudulent charges on your Shopify store by adding the Kount Command app.
Note: An account with Kount is required to set up the Kount Command Shopify app. If you do not have an account, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Step 1: Get the Kount Command app
- Log in to Shopify.
- Open the Kount Command app page.
- Select Add app.
- From the Authorization page, review the permissions, and then select Install app.
- Review the warning, and then select Purchase.
- Review the charge information, and then select Approve.
Note: A one-time fee of $5 is charged to the payment method on file with Shopify.
Step 2: Configure the Kount Command app
- You are automatically directed to the Configuration page. Fill out the required information:
- Merchant ID – Six-digit unique identifier for your company or organization provided by Kount when you created an account.
- API Key – API key created in the Kount Command Agent Web Console (AWC). If you have not created an API key, follow the steps in How to Create an API Key for Authentication to Kount.
- Website – If you only have one website connected to Kount, enter Default. If you have multiple websites connected to Kount, create the appropriate website IDs as detailed in the "Configure ENS" step.
Shopify Order Actions
- Single Basic Indicator – If enabled, a single fraud indicator is sent to an order in Shopify. If disabled, you might exceed the API limits set by Shopify. Refer to Shopify API Rate Limits for API rates.
Auto-Capture – If enabled, the auto-capture functionality is activated. If Kount approves a transaction, the app calls the Shopify API to capture payment. This feature only works when gateway settings are set to Authorize Only.
Note: To avoid fulfillment issues with the OMS, do not configure the gateway to auto-capture.
- Auto-Void– If enabled, the auto-void functionality is activated. If Kount declines a transaction, the app calls the Shopify API to void the authorization.
- Auto-Cancel – If enabled, transactions declined by Kount contact the Shopify API to cancel the order. If disabled, you must manually cancel it in Shopify.
- Auto-Refund – If enabled and Kount responds with D (Decline), either initially or through a manual review, the purchase is refunded automatically and the purchase items are returned to the store's inventory.
Kount Data Submission
- Disable All – If enabled, sending transactions to Kount for a risk assessment are temporarily disabled.
Test Mode – If enabled, the production app can send data to Kount's test environment. To utilize Shopify's integration with the test environment, install the Kount Command app, and then enable Test Mode.
Note: The Kount API Key must be changed when the Test Mode is activated. There are two separate API keys for the test environment and the production environment. If you do not change the API key when saving this configuration, an “unexpected error” displays.
- Disable Phone Orders – If enabled, orders placed on behalf of a shopper are not sent to Kount for a risk assessment.
- Send Refunds – If enabled, information is sent to Kount for orders that are refunded by the end-user.
- Submit Recurring Transactions – If enabled and the customer/merchant is using an app for recurring transactions, the app submits all transactions, including the recurring one, to Kount. If disabled, only the first transaction is submitted, not the recurring transactions.
- Select Save.
Step 3: Configure ENS
- Confirm the saved changes to return to the Configuration page.
- Copy the ENS Callback URL.
- In a new tab or window, log into the Kount Command AWC with your admin credentials.
- Select the Fraud Control tab, and then select Websites.
- Select Add Website.
Note: You might have to scroll on the page to find the Add Website button.
- Fill out the required information:
- Website – Create a name for your website
- Description – Add a description of the website
- ENS Enabled – Select Yes to enable ENS
- Merchant ENS URL – Copy the ENS Callback URL created in the Shopify Configuration page
- With all information entered, select Add Website.
- Return to the Configuration page in Shopify.
- In the Website field, enter the Website name created in the AWC.
- Select Save to finalize configuration.
Note: If you have multiple Shopify stores, repeat this step for each store/website.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
How do I configure ENS after initially setting up Kount Command on Shopify?
Navigate to your Shopify store and open the Kount Command app. Open the app settings to open the Configuration page for Kount Command. Follow the instructions in “Configure ENS” to set up ENS.